Tell Us About Your Experience
We would appreciate you taking the time to complete an online survey to let us know what we did well and also what we could have done better.
This survey is completely confidential and your feedback will be used to help us improve our services to children, adults and families in Renfrew County.
To complete the survey, click here: https://bit.ly/3d6EanW
Have a concern?
Talk to us. Your concerns will be addressed and reviewed with your Worker and their Supervisor. A follow up letter will then be completed by the Supervisor confirming that the Agency has looked into your concerns as identified. If at that point you feel that the answer does not satisfy you, you can then request to meet with a Director of Service.
If your concern is still not resolved, please put your thoughts in writing and forward to the Executive Director, Kathy Davis, for her review.
Please note that certain matters are excluded from the complaints system:
- Matters currently before the courts or that the courts have already decided
- Matters that fall under other decision-making processes under the Child and Family Services Act or the Labour Relations Act.
To learn more about FCS Renfrew County’s process for addressing comments, compliments and concerns, please review this document: Comments, Compliments, Concerns
Feedback from you helps us to improve our services. Contact us now about your concerns at [email protected]
Child and Family Services Review Board (CFRSB)
If you have sought or received services from a children’s aid society and have concerns about these services, you may have a right to make an application to the CFSRB for one of the following reasons to have your concern reviewed:
- The children’s aid society did not give you a chance to be heard when you raised your concerns
- The children’s aid society did not give you a chance to be heard when decisions that affected your interests were made
- The children’s aid society did not give you reasons for its decisions that affect your interests
- The children’s aid society refused to proceed with your complaint
- The children’s aid society did not follow its complaint review process or timelines
For more information on this process, please visit: www.sjto.gov.on.ca/cfrsb
Office of the Ombudsman of Ontario
The Children and Youth Unit at the Ontario Ombudsman’s Office takes complaints from children, youth and adults. Anyone experiencing a problem with a children’s aid society, residential licensee (foster home, group home), youth justice facility or secure mental health treatment centre should contact the Ombudsman’s Children and Youth Unit for assistance.
How you can contact the Office of the Ombudsman of Ontario:
Children and Youth Unit
401 Bay Street, Suite 220
Toronto, ON M7A 0A6
- Toll-free (inside Ontario only): 1-800-263-2841
- Telephone: 416-325-2648
- TTY (teletypewriter): 416-325-2648
- Fax: 416-325-5681
- Email: [email protected]
Visit the website here for more information or to complete an online complaint form.