March 17, 2020
Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County has been closely monitoring our local, provincial and national public health authorities and working closely with our Ministry partners and other Children’s Aid Societies of Ontario. In light of the state of emergency in Ontario, and in order to support the health and safety of all of our families, staff and community members, we are currently focused on the delivery of essential services to children, youth, adults and families in Renfrew County.
Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County staff will continue to be available to answer calls, respond to referrals, and work with families to ensure safety as required. Any concerns related to a child or youth’s safety can be reported 24 hours a day.
The following changes have been implemented or will be, effective tomorrow.
Child and Family Access Visits’ Changes
All face-to-face access between family members will be discontinued as of tomorrow, March 18, 2020 at any of FCSRC office locations. FCSRC is connecting with families to develop alternative ways to keep their children in contact with the important people in their lives. FCSRC staff are contacting families to make plans and families are also able to call our office at 613-735-6866 to make arrangements. Any of such visits will include heightened cleaning practices and following the screening procedure for any visit to our building.
Access to FCSRC Office Locations
We are currently welcoming families and individuals at our offices in Pembroke (77 Mary St. and 464 Isabella St.) and Renfrew (114 Argyle St. S) by appointment only. Staff who are scheduled to meet with families will be contacting them in advance and families are welcome to contact us in advance of an appointment.
Suspension of Programs
- Our North Renfrew and Pembroke EarlyON Child and Family Centres have been closed, effective March 14, and any groups utilizing these centres have been suspended until April 6.
- Kumon classes at our Pembroke, Petawawa and Renfrew centres were suspended March 14 until Monday, April 6. Parents have been contacted to inform them that worksheets for the next 3 weeks will be mailed to them unless they do not wish to receive them.
- All community groups/meetings at any of our buildings have been cancelled until April 6.
- Parents Anonymous caregiver and child/youth groups have been suspended, effective March 14, in all locations, including Pembroke (Winning Kids Centre, Pembroke, Jubilee Place and Renfrew Library) until the week of April 6. Our Child and Family Support workers will be available by phone if you have any questions. Please call 613-633-1973.
- All Jubilee Place programming has been suspended, effective March 14, until the week of April 6. Our Child and Family Support workers will be available by phone if you have any questions. Please call 613-570-1073.
- The FASD Support Group meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 25, 2019 has been cancelled. Registered group members are being notified directly.
Families with questions are encouraged to reach out to their contacts at Family and Children’s Services at 613-735-6866.