January 2, 2020
As of January 1, 2020, if you or your family have received services, help or support from Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County or any children’s aid society, group home, or other child and family service provider in Ontario, you have the right to see and obtain information about your records.
Under Part X of Ontario’s Child, Youth and Family Services Act, we must let you know how your personal information will be collected, used and tell you how we might share it. As much as possible, we must also make sure any personal information we get from you stays private and let you know if it has been lost, shared, stolen or viewed when it shouldn’t be.*
To assist you in understanding your rights, Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County has developed a Notice of Information Practices and Purposes document that highlights:
- Personal information we collect and how we use it and disclose it
- How we retain and dispose of information we collect
- Your choices about your personal information and privacy
- Safeguards we put in place to keep your information private and secure
- How you can access more information or make a complaint
You can view this document and other helpful resources here.
*Adapted from IPC “It’s About You – Your File and Your Rights Under Ontario’s Child and Family Services Law” brochure